Delivery Error #5.6.0
brian
2003-08-25 16:18:34 UTC
I am receiving the following error from one of my users.
Any ideas?

The message contains a content type that is not supported
<xxx.xxx.xxx #5.6.0 smtp;552 5.6.0 Headers
too large (32768 max) itself ok>

Thanks,
Brian
TomDiMat [MSFT]
2003-08-26 10:54:15 UTC
Hi Brian,
The above NDR error code "552 Headers too large (32768 max)" is not native
exchange. When a remote domain doesn't accept the message at the transport
level, the sending Exchange server is responsible for sending the NDR so E2k
server would wrap the NDR code and send it to the sender. It sounds like the
receiving server has a message size limit.
--
Tom DiMatteo
Microsoft PSS