Microsoft Exchange Connector for Novell GroupWise
Jim C
2007-03-27 10:35:41 UTC
Hi.

We currently have a Groupwise system connected to an Exchange system
using the Microsoft Exchange Connector for Novell GroupWise.

All emails seem to flow ok but we have noticed that any emails
generated by a resource and not coming from a groupwise mailbox are
being put straight into the badfiles folder on the exchange system.

For example, we have an IT Support system that emails all analysts
every 2 hours to inform them what tickets they have open. The email
is generated by the support system and is not sent from a groupwise
mailbox. The email is moved straight into the badfiles folder.

Has anybody seen this before?
Jim C
2007-03-27 10:37:56 UTC
We also get Event ID 41504 in the event log each time a mail is placed
in the badfiles folder.

Exchange is 2003 on the latest SP.
Leif Pedersen [MVP]
2007-03-27 19:19:43 UTC

This might help: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=924147

Jim C
2007-03-28 13:44:29 UTC
Think i've sussed it. I've changed the domain on the generated
addresses to .net, i.e., ***@ourdomain.net and it seems to work
fine now.

It looks like it recognises ourdomain.com (our registered domain) but
then expects it to have come from a Groupwise mailbox which it
doesn't. If we change it to a .net (or anything other than
ourdomain.com), it treats it as an external address so doesn't need a
groupwise mailbox.

Works a treat!