Multiple exchange servers used with Outlook
Josua Schmid
2008-12-08 23:52:20 UTC
Hi there!

Following issue: A customer works for two diffenrent companies, both of
them running an exchange server (2003). In both companies the calendar as
well as the companiy directory is heavily used.

Here comes my Problem: Outlook is only capable of managing one Exchange
Server at a time, so it would be great if someone shows me a way to
somehow merge the two things together to fit outlook.

POP/SMTP or IMAP is not an option because it does neither include the
address book nor the calendar function. I already thought of OWA, but it's
still not a really all-embracing solution.

I got to know, that you can establish a trust relationship between the two
servers and consecutively use just one of them to receive two different
accounts (would that be possible with Outlook?).

I'll appreciate all of your suggestions for a smooth solution! Probably
someone also knows a good resource on Exchange and trust relationships?

Thanks a lot, sincerely

Josua
Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]
2008-12-09 00:54:33 UTC
Post by Josua Schmid
[...]
What about two profiles in Outlook? You can't have both open at once, but
you can have OL prompt you for a profile at startup.
You can't use two Exchange accounts in a single mail profile. OWA is the
only other option.
Martin Blackstone [MVP]
2008-12-09 02:48:50 UTC
Post by Josua Schmid
I'll appreciate all of your suggestions for a smooth solution! Probably
someone also knows a good resource on Exchange and trust relationships?
Multiple profiles would be the solution.
http://www.freeemailtutorials.com/microsoftOutlook2003/advancedOutlookTutorials/usingMultipleProfiles.cwd