Message flow between two Exchange 2003 Servers
j***@gmail.com
2007-07-03 10:43:11 UTC
My situation has been driving me crazy for the past two months. This
is the setup within my office. We have three sites which are all
connected with VPN over the internet. Two of these sites are in the UK
and one is in Sweden. We have four domain controllers, one each of the
Swedish and the remote UK site and two in our head office. The two in
the HO and Swedish office are all GCs and the replication between all
sites is working fine. The exchange server in the HO is working as one
of our DCs. We also have a number of other servers within our HO. Each
of the exchange servers has its own static public IP address.
My problem is that I have a mailbox on the exchange server in Sweden
that can send and receive external email but not internal email. We
have one namespace registered and the MX record points to the exchange
server in our HO.
I have tried so many different configs. I have created a second
routing group, placed the member sever into this routing group to make
the master for that routing group, then made a connector and connected
it to the first routing group. I have created an external connector to
the Swedish server but I still cannot get internal mail to flow.

Please help as I am tearing out the hair that I don't have.
If you have any resolutions to this please email me at jason at
lovefilm.com
John Oliver, Jr. [MVP]
2007-07-10 20:50:29 UTC
Can you perfrom a simple Telnet Test on Port 25 through the VPN to each
Exchange Server and get response? Do this from the Exchange Server. What
are the Queues Showings for Local Delivery?
--
John Oliver, Jr
MCSE, MCT, CCNA